State Bank of India (SBI) – Clerks Recruitment
SBI Clerical Cadre Recruitment 2009
State Bank of India Corporate Centre – Mumbai
Central Recruitment and Promotion Department
Advertisement No. CRPD/CR/2009-10/04
Job details : Central Recruitment & Promotion Department, State Bank of India, Corporate Centre, Mumbai invites Online applications from Indian citizens for appointment of 11000 Clerical Cadre posts in State Bank of India
Clerical Cadre : 11000 posts
(UR-5612,SC-1750, ST-1082, OBC-2556) in various states in India
Pay Scale : Rs.4410-13210/-
- Minimum 12th Standard (10+2) or equivalent qualification thereof with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD/XS)
- OR A degree from a recognised university (graduation level) with a minimum of 40% marks (35% for SC/ST/PWD/XS).
- Matriculate Ex-Servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or the Air Force, who have put in not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post. Should be able to write and speak English fluently. must be fluent in speaking and writing the Regional Language of the state from which they are selected. Knowledge of other Indian language will be an added qualification.
Age : 18-26 years as on 1st Oct 2009.
Age relaxation as per Govt. rules
All eligible candidates should apply online before the last date for registering the applications.
a) Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the written test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test or interview.
b) The written test will be of Objective type consisting of (i) General Awareness (ii) General English (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) Reasoning Ability and (v) Marketing Aptitude/Computer knowledge. The questions in these objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be printed in bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
The passingmarks in each of the testswill be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level.
Candidates are also required to score a minimum 40% (35% for SC/ST/PWD/XS) marks on aggregate to be considered forbeing called for interview.Bank reserves the right to vary this cutoff.
Submission of Application : Candidates are requested to apply online between 01.08.2009 and 15.09.2009 through Bank’swebsitewww.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. Before applying, candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- They should note that examination fee and/or postage amount deposited once will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any other projects.
- Candidates are advised to fill their details online themselves correctly.
- Candidates should note that details, especially relating to reservations based on caste/PWD/XS once filled will be final and no change will be allowed thereafter. If found that the
- Applicant do not have necessary certificate to substantiate their claim, their candidaturewould be cancelled.
- For applying on-line, the candidates should go to aCBSbranch ofSBI, pay the amount of fees and get cash Receipt with Branch Code Number and unique deposit journal number as per the format appearing at the end here.
- This number alongwith depositing Branch Code should be correctly enteredwhile registering the application on-line.
- No othermeans /mode ofapplication /print-outwill be accepted.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview, if qualifying.
Fee : Rs. 250/- (for SC/ST/PWD/XS Rs.50/- only) to be deposited in any branch of SBI by a prescribed deposit slip and get receipt. Details of the payment should be entered in online application form.
Last date for applying online : 15th September 2009
Date of Written Examination for SBI Clerk Posts : 8th and 15th November 2009
For details visit : http://sbi.co.in/viewdetail.jsp? lang=0&id=0,15,110&dcd=2865&did=1249103274265